Top College News Subscribe to the Newsletter

Student Legal Clinic

Programs for single parents

Published: Sunday, February 26, 2012

Updated: Friday, November 2, 2012 17:11

Dear Student Legal Clinic,

My boyfriend moved out and I only work part time. I have two children and I can't afford rent. Are there any programs that can help me get more income?



Dear Sarah,

We have a county worker that visits MATC every other Monday. The county worker can determine if you're eligible for food share or other state programs. You may call Mary O'Leary at 414-297-6630 to schedule an appointment. You may also go online to to apply.

If you are eligible for food share you qualify for the PACE program which helps students with the UPASS, child care and help with problems throughout the semester.

Once you are enrolled in food share, take your school schedule and go to Room T140. Staff in that office will enroll you in PACE and arrange for child care payments. Their phone number is 414-297-8239.

After you are enrolled in the PACE program, you will be directed to Room M401A to see Candy Zielinski for the UPASS and for other helpful information to make your semester a success.

Ms. Zielinski's telephone number is 414-297-8359 and her email is

You may also want to stop in the Student Legal Clinic to see if there are any other resources to help you through this difficult time.

The new location for the Student Legal Clinic is Room M346 and the telephone number remains the same, 414-297-6630. You can also email Mary O'Leary at

Recommended: Articles that may interest you

Be the first to comment on this article! Log in to Comment

You must be logged in to comment on an article. Not already a member? Register now

Log In