The Black Keys rock the Grammys
If you tuned in for the 55th Annual Grammy Awards ceremony on Feb. 10, then you already know that this year's lineup of nominees have been making big waves in radio; artists such as Gotye who won Record of the Year for his album, "Making Mirrors" which featured the hit song, "Somebody That I Used To Know," and Fun who took awards home for both Best New Artist and Song of the Year for "We Are Young."
Winning one of the most ostentatious awards was Mumford & Sons, who won Album of the Year for Babel.
By far the biggest victory, this year, was landed by The Black Keys who took home a whopping four awards from various categories, not least of which was Best Rock Song.
Held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, and hosted by LL Cool J, the ceremony was highlighted by numerous and varied performances from a range of today's best artists.
While duo performances like those given by Maroon 5 with Alisha Keys and Rihanna with Mikky Ekko are certainly worthy of mention, it was Justin Timberlake's triumphant return to the stage with a soulful performance of songs from his upcoming album, "20/20 Experience" to be released in March, which really stole the show.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program