Jennifer Casey (L) a dietitian from the American Indian Health Center, a member of Slow Food WISE and the Wisconsin Organic Advisory Council provided a demonstration on growing herbs and medicinal plants to Fabian Rodriquez, a Teacher Education Program student. Casey was participating in the Native American Awareness month events organized by NASM (Native American Student Movement) of MATC. Currently, Casey helps run the Native Wellness Garden at 125 W. Saveland St. in Milwaukee.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?