Parking just got easier at Downtown Campus
Cash in your stamps NOW
As of Nov. 26, the Stormer passes will replace the use of parking stamps at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Archie Graham, director of Student Life, has made parking at the MATC Downtown Milwaukee Campus less stressful and a lot more convenient for students.
"I'm always concerned about where to park when I go downtown, if Eighth and State Street lot is full, do I have enough stamps on me? What if there is a special event?" said Livia BÃ¶rger, an enrolled Liberal Arts degree student, expressing her thought process that occurs on a weekly basis about the parking situation downtown.
"Convenience is time," says Graham. This has been the reasoning behind making the switch from the stamps to the students pass. Now all you need is a minimum of $2 on your card and an amount of $1.50 will be deducted when departing the BMO Harris BradleyCenter.
Being an active student and having an MATC Parking Permit are the requirements to take advantage of this easy process of parking.
Currently, the BMO parking structure holds 250 reserved MATC parking spaces until 6 p.m. and a remaining 50 lots stay open until 10 p.m. Allocated amount of parking spaces will not increase at this stage as Graham does not foresee this to become an issue in the near future.
The process of transferring monetary value from the stamps to the Stormers pass will take up to a few days. Students should come to the Campus Office of Student Life to make the change as soon as possible. As of Monday, Nov. 26, students will be denied the use of their stamps at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
- Celebra una fiesta de Posadas inolvidable para tu familia...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities