Parking just got easier at Downtown Campus
Cash in your stamps NOW
As of Nov. 26, the Stormer passes will replace the use of parking stamps at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Archie Graham, director of Student Life, has made parking at the MATC Downtown Milwaukee Campus less stressful and a lot more convenient for students.
"I'm always concerned about where to park when I go downtown, if Eighth and State Street lot is full, do I have enough stamps on me? What if there is a special event?" said Livia BÃ¶rger, an enrolled Liberal Arts degree student, expressing her thought process that occurs on a weekly basis about the parking situation downtown.
"Convenience is time," says Graham. This has been the reasoning behind making the switch from the stamps to the students pass. Now all you need is a minimum of $2 on your card and an amount of $1.50 will be deducted when departing the BMO Harris BradleyCenter.
Being an active student and having an MATC Parking Permit are the requirements to take advantage of this easy process of parking.
Currently, the BMO parking structure holds 250 reserved MATC parking spaces until 6 p.m. and a remaining 50 lots stay open until 10 p.m. Allocated amount of parking spaces will not increase at this stage as Graham does not foresee this to become an issue in the near future.
The process of transferring monetary value from the stamps to the Stormers pass will take up to a few days. Students should come to the Campus Office of Student Life to make the change as soon as possible. As of Monday, Nov. 26, students will be denied the use of their stamps at the BMO Harris Bradley Center.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Peace of Mind in Retirement
- Florida Remains Launch Pad to Space Thanks to Private Firms
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain