Veterans service recognized at special luncheon
Veterans are celebrated every year on Veteran's Day, on November 12 in Room M616, the Financial Aid and Student Life office hosted a Veteran's Day Luncheon.
This traditional luncheon has been going on for over three years, while it has been over ten years for their thank you dinner.
From the Korean War to the activate soldiers, students and faculty members gathered around to tell stories of their days in the military.
Many veterans told how they made friends over the years and kept that friendship. Talking to some of the veteran's, Marcie Nelson, Administration Professional Office Tech program stated, "People remember and appreciate what you have done. It always feels good that people appreciate what you've done for your country."
Around noon more veterans and guests started to arrive including a visit from Dr. Michael L. Burke, President of MATC, who sat and listened to their stories from their years of service, additionally inquiring as to how they're doing academically at MATC.
Burke stated, "It's a great idea, an excellent way to appreciate their service that they have done over the years," when asked how he felt about MATC putting on a thank you luncheon for veterans.
MATC has over 700 veterans, and over 40 of them came out to enjoy their thank you lunch.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses