Veterans service recognized at special luncheon
Veterans are celebrated every year on Veteran's Day, on November 12 in Room M616, the Financial Aid and Student Life office hosted a Veteran's Day Luncheon.
This traditional luncheon has been going on for over three years, while it has been over ten years for their thank you dinner.
From the Korean War to the activate soldiers, students and faculty members gathered around to tell stories of their days in the military.
Many veterans told how they made friends over the years and kept that friendship. Talking to some of the veteran's, Marcie Nelson, Administration Professional Office Tech program stated, "People remember and appreciate what you have done. It always feels good that people appreciate what you've done for your country."
Around noon more veterans and guests started to arrive including a visit from Dr. Michael L. Burke, President of MATC, who sat and listened to their stories from their years of service, additionally inquiring as to how they're doing academically at MATC.
Burke stated, "It's a great idea, an excellent way to appreciate their service that they have done over the years," when asked how he felt about MATC putting on a thank you luncheon for veterans.
MATC has over 700 veterans, and over 40 of them came out to enjoy their thank you lunch.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Don't Miss a Beat: Tips for Enjoying a Live Concert
- Tips to Enjoy Pest-Free Camping This Summer
- Los Hispanos Predominan En El Mercado De Regreso a Clases...
- Chiropractors Offer Advice to Those With Diabetes
- Waste and Recycling Jobs: Opportunities Are Plentiful
- Landfills: An Unexpected Source of Renewable Energy
- The Best Accessories are Easy, Convenient and Portable
- The Latest Buzz Phrase in Health Care
- Content Agency Promises the Best Bang for Your...
- The Best Accessories for Going Swimming