Veterans service recognized at special luncheon
Veterans are celebrated every year on Veteran's Day, on November 12 in Room M616, the Financial Aid and Student Life office hosted a Veteran's Day Luncheon.
This traditional luncheon has been going on for over three years, while it has been over ten years for their thank you dinner.
From the Korean War to the activate soldiers, students and faculty members gathered around to tell stories of their days in the military.
Many veterans told how they made friends over the years and kept that friendship. Talking to some of the veteran's, Marcie Nelson, Administration Professional Office Tech program stated, "People remember and appreciate what you have done. It always feels good that people appreciate what you've done for your country."
Around noon more veterans and guests started to arrive including a visit from Dr. Michael L. Burke, President of MATC, who sat and listened to their stories from their years of service, additionally inquiring as to how they're doing academically at MATC.
Burke stated, "It's a great idea, an excellent way to appreciate their service that they have done over the years," when asked how he felt about MATC putting on a thank you luncheon for veterans.
MATC has over 700 veterans, and over 40 of them came out to enjoy their thank you lunch.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Insuring the Health of America's Emerging...
- New FDA-Cleared Device Significantly Advances IV Therapy...
- Take a Bite Out of Gum Disease By Seeing a Periodontist
- Natural Health Care From Down Under Poised to Make U.S....
- Wellness Travel Is on the Rise
- 3 Steps to Build a Better Nest Egg
- Para los latinos, el Día de las Madres es una...
- Top 4 Signs You Need to Call a Pest Professional
- Another Reason to Choose Chiropractic Care First for Pain...
- Create a Precious Moment for Mom This Mother's Day
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- GREAT GRADUATION GIFT: WHAT THEY DIDN'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL!
- National Foundation for Infectious Diseases Calls on College Campuses to Be Prepared for Meningococcal Disease
- Safety App BlueLight Launches at 10 New Campuses for Sexual Assault Awareness Month
- TD Ameritrade Seeks Applicants for NextGen Financial Planning Scholarships, Grants
- Make it Count: Get the Most out of the End of the Semester!