Veterans service recognized at special luncheon
Veterans are celebrated every year on Veteran's Day, on November 12 in Room M616, the Financial Aid and Student Life office hosted a Veteran's Day Luncheon.
This traditional luncheon has been going on for over three years, while it has been over ten years for their thank you dinner.
From the Korean War to the activate soldiers, students and faculty members gathered around to tell stories of their days in the military.
Many veterans told how they made friends over the years and kept that friendship. Talking to some of the veteran's, Marcie Nelson, Administration Professional Office Tech program stated, "People remember and appreciate what you have done. It always feels good that people appreciate what you've done for your country."
Around noon more veterans and guests started to arrive including a visit from Dr. Michael L. Burke, President of MATC, who sat and listened to their stories from their years of service, additionally inquiring as to how they're doing academically at MATC.
Burke stated, "It's a great idea, an excellent way to appreciate their service that they have done over the years," when asked how he felt about MATC putting on a thank you luncheon for veterans.
MATC has over 700 veterans, and over 40 of them came out to enjoy their thank you lunch.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Holiday Health Check-List: Use It or Lose It
- Oleg Frish's Dream Comes True With New Duets Album
- The INs and OUTs of a Hospital Stay
- The Movie Studio Reveals New Opportunities for Indie...
- Brighten Your Holidays With LED Lights
- Tell Congress to Protect Paper Investor Reports
- Climb Stairs Without Hurting Yourself
- Is Your Baby Ready for Chewing?
- Millennials Are Determined to Lessen Their Kids' College...
- Organizar Un Maratón De La Película Star...