Veterans service recognized at special luncheon
Veterans are celebrated every year on Veteran's Day, on November 12 in Room M616, the Financial Aid and Student Life office hosted a Veteran's Day Luncheon.
This traditional luncheon has been going on for over three years, while it has been over ten years for their thank you dinner.
From the Korean War to the activate soldiers, students and faculty members gathered around to tell stories of their days in the military.
Many veterans told how they made friends over the years and kept that friendship. Talking to some of the veteran's, Marcie Nelson, Administration Professional Office Tech program stated, "People remember and appreciate what you have done. It always feels good that people appreciate what you've done for your country."
Around noon more veterans and guests started to arrive including a visit from Dr. Michael L. Burke, President of MATC, who sat and listened to their stories from their years of service, additionally inquiring as to how they're doing academically at MATC.
Burke stated, "It's a great idea, an excellent way to appreciate their service that they have done over the years," when asked how he felt about MATC putting on a thank you luncheon for veterans.
MATC has over 700 veterans, and over 40 of them came out to enjoy their thank you lunch.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 2016 Resolutions: Time for an Update?
- GlobalGiving and Athletic Tips Partner to Help Keep Young...
- Share Your Love This Valentine's Day
- From Bratty to Bearable, Global Nanny Jo Frost Tackles...
- Fibromyalgia: The Disease Whose Exact Cause Remains Unknown
- Beware Scourge Pricing When Using Apps Like Uber
- How Safe Is Your Child's Bedroom?
- Is Your Smile Unforgettable?
- Gallup Report Shows More Americans Favor Chiropractic Care
- Reading Program Is 'Changing Lives One Student at a Time'