Interactive theater dinner big success
Sabotage! Intrigue! Mayhem! Baked potatoes! That was the plan for MATC's yearly Murder Mystery Dinner. Held on Friday, February 8 at the Harley- Davidson Museum, it featured humorous wordplay, some adult themes, and an energetic cast from The Murder Mystery Co.
The night began ordinarily enough in a 1927 prohibition-era Chicago speakeasy owned by Lou Zar and his Mafioso cohorts; guests came, drinks were plentiful, and the atmosphere was genial.
Then, just before dinner, someone whacked Lou Zar - someone in that very room. Was it the Ace Reporter trying to get the biggest scoop of her career? Was it Lou Zar's indebted acquaintance, Scott Free, who owed Lou a large sum of money? Or was it perhaps Lou's business partner, Doug Graves, who had anticipated trouble that night?
In a lively showcase of interactive theater, willing guests are recruited to participate in the night's entertainment.
The aim for all other guests is to figure out, with the aid of various clues, the motive and murderer. At the end of the night a raffle is held and awards are given in the categories of best-dressed, best actor and actress, as well as to the winner of the Murder Mystery.
If sleuthing isn't your forte, the food is more than worth the cost of a ticket. The Italian-style buffet menu featured a choice cut of prime rib, superb pumpkin and butternut squash ravioli, and a sublime baked potato bar.
Whether you're a theater major, foodie, social butterfly, or just looking for a fun way to spend a Friday night, next year's MATC Murder Mystery dinner is definitely the place to be.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- 9 out of 10 Americans More Likely to Come to London...
- Meeting the Health Care Needs of Next-Generation Consumers
- Katy Perry Helps Support Teachers and Students
- The Great Divide: Balancing Travel and Protecting...
- What Would It Take to Get You to the Dentist?
- Say Cheese! How What You Eat Affects Your Smile
- Headed to the Dentist? Beware of Backflow
- Student Backpacks Are Literally a Big Pain
- Lighting Tips to Enhance Your Outdoor Living Space
- 4 Ways to Cut Your Energy Bills (5 If You're Up to It)