Student Legal Clinic
Programs for single parents
Dear Student Legal Clinic,
My boyfriend moved out and I only work part time. I have two children and I can't afford rent. Are there any programs that can help me get more income?
We have a county worker that visits MATC every other Monday. The county worker can determine if you're eligible for food share or other state programs. You may call Mary O'Leary at 414-297-6630 to schedule an appointment. You may also go online to www.access.wisconsin.gov to apply.
If you are eligible for food share you qualify for the PACE program which helps students with the UPASS, child care and help with problems throughout the semester.
Once you are enrolled in food share, take your school schedule and go to Room T140. Staff in that office will enroll you in PACE and arrange for child care payments. Their phone number is 414-297-8239.
After you are enrolled in the PACE program, you will be directed to Room M401A to see Candy Zielinski for the UPASS and for other helpful information to make your semester a success.
Ms. Zielinski's telephone number is 414-297-8359 and her email is email@example.com.
You may also want to stop in the Student Legal Clinic to see if there are any other resources to help you through this difficult time.
The new location for the Student Legal Clinic is Room M346 and the telephone number remains the same, 414-297-6630. You can also email Mary O'Leary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?
- You Can Quit
- Pinching Penny Stocks May Be the Wise Way to Invest
- Growing Investment Opportunities In Green -- and Blue --...
- 5 Tips for Healthy Eating as We Age
- Comparison-Shopping for Life Insurance Made Easy