Good Deeds worth checking out
Good Deeds is the movie directed, produced, and starred by Tyler Perry from his production company Tyler Perry Studios and along with Lionsgate. Seasoned actresses Gabrielle Union, Thandie Newton, and Phylicia Rashad, also star in the film.
Perry is always known for having very comedic movies with his alter ego Madea, this time he took off the fat suit and got serious as his character Wesley Deeds.
Wesley is the CEO of his late father's software corporation and throughout the movie we watch Deeds struggle with self-identity issues.
While trying to find himself, he is also faced with the issues of those in his life.
This movie was sweet and serious but it gave a good feeling after watching it. Each character's story was developed well and it did not feel like anything was missing.
Sometimes in movies like this, the story line can feel rushed but Perry directed it so well that we got everything that we were supposed to. Every emotion had a purpose and every character had its place.
Walking away from Good Deeds will have you asking yourself, who am I and is it who I want to be? A movie that makes you ask deep life questions is definitely one that you want to see. I give it a 4.5/5.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
- Guiding Treatment of Advanced Breast Cancer Using Subtypes
- Taking the High Road to Scotland
- Fall Foes: Watch out for These Stinging Insects
- Supporting Arts in Education
- Fishing and Boating are Great Activities for the Entire...
- Don't Get Blindsided by the Sticker Shock of College
- Your Online Reputation: Handle With Care