Volleyball team having trouble
The women's volleyball team has gotten off to a somewhat rough start this season.This is their second year in the North Central Community College Conference and they have a whole new team.
They are also playing much tougher competition than last year. Their first game was August 31 against MATC Madison, with their current record being 14-6.
The Stormers have yet to win a game this year and sit at 0-8 for the season.
"We started off with two players and had to recruit (the rest)," said Head Coach, Jessica Arias. "It's been hard to get the team to compete, but I have seen improvement in every match."
Added to the list of obstacles the team has had to overcome this year, is a recent injury to Madeline Beaudoin.
Beaudoin was hurt in their last home game against Conference opponent Harper. "We competed really well against them and Madeline got hurt during the first set."
"We had two new players in the game and the team helped each other as best they could and didn't give up," said coach Arias.
Despite their 0-8 record coach Arias still believes that they can be competitive. "We have a very positive and determined team, that work hard and want to be competitive in this conference," commented Arias.
Hopefully, it's not too late to turn this year around for the Stormers Volleyball team.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?
- Does Your Garbage Want to Be Recycled?