The Davis Family Band, music for the soul
West Allis Campus hosted the Davis Family Band to enhance the celebration of Black History Month. Their spectacular performance electrified the crowd as jazz, r&b, and pop influences flowed gracefully throughout the entire set.
From the first musical note to the final poetic lyric, the Davis Family Band captivated the audience. Smooth sounds emanating from the amplifiers set the tone as the music was perfectly amplified through the cafeteria.
"Where Is the Love," the second song of the set, speaks of common ideas which every person should think about, love and the reality of the things that hinder the concept of love.
The Davis Family Band consists of Greg Davis, the father, who plays his six-string Fender Stratocaster brilliantly. His yin and yang guitar strap is a great symbol of how the family plays both hard and soft notes accordingly.
Ollie, the mother, has a warm personality and gifted vocals. Her vocal range is integral to the Davis Family Band performance. Aaron Davis and his sophisticated piano skills pulsed through the keyboards as the notes provided a beautiful melody and complemented the soaring tones from every other instrument.
Andre has an admirable control over the bass guitar that will leave any spectator star-struck as he slides and plucks the bass proficiently. Artemas, whom the family still calls "the baby," is multitalented and plays both the saxophone and drums.
The Davis Family Band can feel the music; they move with every beat, swaying shoulders as melodious head movements accompany the tunes.
Their ability to play their instruments is enhanced by their gift of song as they blend together superbly to create a smooth euphonious landscape of music.
Listeners could just as easily close their eyes and unwind to their sophisticated music as crank up the volume and jam. For most families it may seem daunting to create and maintain a band, but when asked of their dynamic, Greg humbly said, "We just play whatever we feel."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Driver Safety: New Tips for Road Trips
- What to Ask About the Medicines You Take
- Summer Is the Perfect Time to Catch Up on Some Reading
- There's At Least One Thing Americans Are Satisfied With
- What to Look for in a New House This Home Buying Season
- Is Your Eye Makeup Making You Sick? What You Need to Know
- Biotech Companies Are Still the "It" Stock to Have in...
- Give Seniors a Lift With Household Chores
- On the Brink: Africa Viewed As Growth Target for Telecom
- Protect Your Family With Encryption
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Higher Education Goes Solar to Charge Mobile Devices
- Course Hero Beats Donation Goal for Books for Africa
- Course Hero Receives 2016 Top Workplace Award from Bay Area News Group
- Citavi Offers Summer Thesis-Writing Toolkit for Graduate Students
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board