Winter finally arrived, time for a review
So you got spoiled with our Spring weather – well don't worry MATC has got your back.
The snow has arrived and there are a few things that our college would like you to know. Keep alert for bad weather announcements. Check your email and setup your RaveAlert account so you can get notices by phone or email. This is a good idea and can save you time in case of a school closing. Sometimes backpacks can throw you off balance on ice and snow – so walk carefully. Also car keys get lost more often in the first few snow falls because people are not bundling up as they need to. If driving is just too much, use your U-Pass. The U-Pass provides free entry on any city bus on any day.
If your driving call 511 for road updates. This number provides a lot of good prompts to push that can suit your needs for travel. Do you have enough gas for a round trip when you go for that pizza? Check your gas tank first or you will be eating the pizza alone. Also emergency supplies in your home and car can save the day in case your stranded. A few snacks and a flare can help a lot. Keep your cell phone charged each day.
If you prefer to use the web. Here are the links for the above information; (road condition link) www.511wi.gov and (real time road condition map) http://readywisconsin.wi.gov/511/default.asp . The road condition map site called Ready Wisconsin is great to use since it provides a legend scale showing conditions with a time stamp.
One last thing, if your stuck in your car and called for help, don't forget to bring one of your books with you and study for your next test along with that cold pizza.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- LED Technology Helping People See The World in a Whole...
- Ice Dams Put Homes at Risk for Termites
- 5 Tips to Having a Happy, Healthy Heart
- What Does Million in IRS Budget Cuts Mean for Taxpayers?
- Workers Say a Good Cup of Coffee Can Make Entire Workday...
- Fresh Fruit Delivers Fun and Nutrition
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHOLE YOU CHALLENGES THE HEALTHCARE INDUSTRY AND PUBLIC TO HELP FIND SOLUTIONS FOR THOSE WITH ORAL AND VISION LIMITATIONS
- 10 Reasons Why Cancun is the Spring Break Mecca of the World
- What's Next in Learning Spaces?
- carpooling, Europe's No. 1 ridesharing app, debuts in U.S. to college market
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor