Apply for energy assistance after October
Dear Student Legal Clinic,I want to apply for Energy Assistance. When I get to SDC, there is a sign out that all the slots are filled for the day. I am worried that they will run out of money. What time do I have to get up to be in line?
During the month of October, people who are disconnected or in danger of being disconnected are at the Energy Assistance offices so they can get reconnected or prevent disconnection. You will get the same amount of financial aid from Energy Assistance whether you go to their offices in October or any other month. The best time to go is from November until February.
The Energy Assistance Program has raised its income limits. If you are a single person, you can make up to $1,953 per month and receive assistance. Because the income amounts have increased this year, the grant amounts to each person will be less.
Energy Assistance is not intended to pay the total amount of your heating costs. The amount of heating assistance varies according to household size, income level and household heating costs.
The Energy Assistance Program is funded through May 15. You can feel confident waiting until later during the heating season to apply for benefits. You should call the Energy Assistance Program Hotline at 414-906-2800 for more information. Do not expect a call back soon as they are busy with disconnections at this time.
You can also learn more about the Energy Assistance Program and the Keep Wisconsin Warm Fund at www.cr-sdc.org. Or call the Student Legal Clinic at 414-297-6630.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- Preparing 21st Century Enterprises for Success in the...
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Rocks Music Fans
- Enhance Your Summer Look With These Style Tips
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016