'JOBshop' provides real world interview training
The Downtown campus ‘JOBshop' gave students a unique opportunity to increase their soft skills in mock interview sessions on January 10.
Students were invited to enter into one-on-one interviews with a representative from a major corporation.
The practice sessions help students better understand what is expected and how an interview is conducted. The learning process increases soft skills, according to Michael Kuehnl, Manager JOBshop, Student Employment Services.
Kuehnl said, "the mock interviews were only today Tuesday the 10th. The actual interviews will be held on the January 12, Thursday. Because we are holding the interviews over the break the students were approached the last few days of the fall semester before they left for the break. We continued to take registrations over the break."
Kuehnl also added, "This is a new event that we wanted to see how to put it together and how it would unfold. We are also going to be working with the students in the ViComm program to help develop our website to enrich the employer experience and push most of the registration and such to the website. This will be a class project for the students."
Kuehnl discussed the importance for students to practice their soft skills for interviews. Recruiters from different corporations were on hand to provide this opportunity for MATC students.
The practice sessions give students a chance to experience a real life interview situation, according to Kuehnl. The ‘JOBshop' is located in S-114 next to the conference room as you enter the building.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- When It Comes to Winter Roof Checkups, the Attic Is Your...
- Is It Time to Sell Your Structured Settlement for Cash?
- Pest Proof Now to Protect Homes for Winter
- 3 Fishermen Rescued at Sea Thanks to GPS Device
- Mes de la Hispanidad inspira liderazgo, empoderamiento,...
- Majority of Moms and Moms-to-Be Believe in Public...
- Wineries Speak Up About the Benefits of Using Natural Cork
- Taking a Holistic Approach to Fit Living
- Wondering if it's Time to Buy a New Car? Just Check Your...
- Smartphone to Become Wallet -- Are Customers, Businesses...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Over 2,000 Groups Prepare to “Hit the Streets” with Volunteers and Celebrities for National Voter Registration Day on September 23, 2014
- Peace Corps Director Calls on College Students to Make a Difference After Graduation Through International Service
- USA NETWORK AND VERIZON LAUNCH THE “CHARACTERS UNITE COLLEGE TOUR” COMPETITION FOR STUDENTS TO BRING A USA NETWORK CELEBRITY AND A WORTHY CAUSE TO THEIR CAMPUS
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections