'JOBshop' provides real world interview training
The Downtown campus ‘JOBshop' gave students a unique opportunity to increase their soft skills in mock interview sessions on January 10.
Students were invited to enter into one-on-one interviews with a representative from a major corporation.
The practice sessions help students better understand what is expected and how an interview is conducted. The learning process increases soft skills, according to Michael Kuehnl, Manager JOBshop, Student Employment Services.
Kuehnl said, "the mock interviews were only today Tuesday the 10th. The actual interviews will be held on the January 12, Thursday. Because we are holding the interviews over the break the students were approached the last few days of the fall semester before they left for the break. We continued to take registrations over the break."
Kuehnl also added, "This is a new event that we wanted to see how to put it together and how it would unfold. We are also going to be working with the students in the ViComm program to help develop our website to enrich the employer experience and push most of the registration and such to the website. This will be a class project for the students."
Kuehnl discussed the importance for students to practice their soft skills for interviews. Recruiters from different corporations were on hand to provide this opportunity for MATC students.
The practice sessions give students a chance to experience a real life interview situation, according to Kuehnl. The ‘JOBshop' is located in S-114 next to the conference room as you enter the building.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Four Tech Tools That Can Help Your Small Business Grow
- Streaming Content Box Cuts Your Cable and Costs
- Non-Profit Venture Fund Seeks to Support The American Dream
- Sustained Happiness Starts from Within
- Reverse Mortgages Benefit Younger Seniors
- Sunshine State Shining New Light on the Banking Industry
- Honoring Moms : How 3 Inspiring Women are Changing the World
- Look Before You Buy: Virtual Reality Comes to Home...
- Olympic Power Couple Teams Up to Fight Blood Cancers with...
- Two Meals in One: Arborio Rice, Perfect for Risotto &...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- American U. professor predicts Trump will be impeached in new book
- Comic Book and Sports Card Show
- A Harvard Dean's 5 Essential Questions for Success
- COLLEGE STUDENTS: DO THESE THREE THINGS THIS SUMMER TO BOOST YOUR FINANCES
- Annual PepsiCo/SWE Student Engineering Challenge Gives Undergraduates Real-World Engineering Practicum