'JOBshop' provides real world interview training
The Downtown campus ‘JOBshop' gave students a unique opportunity to increase their soft skills in mock interview sessions on January 10.
Students were invited to enter into one-on-one interviews with a representative from a major corporation.
The practice sessions help students better understand what is expected and how an interview is conducted. The learning process increases soft skills, according to Michael Kuehnl, Manager JOBshop, Student Employment Services.
Kuehnl said, "the mock interviews were only today Tuesday the 10th. The actual interviews will be held on the January 12, Thursday. Because we are holding the interviews over the break the students were approached the last few days of the fall semester before they left for the break. We continued to take registrations over the break."
Kuehnl also added, "This is a new event that we wanted to see how to put it together and how it would unfold. We are also going to be working with the students in the ViComm program to help develop our website to enrich the employer experience and push most of the registration and such to the website. This will be a class project for the students."
Kuehnl discussed the importance for students to practice their soft skills for interviews. Recruiters from different corporations were on hand to provide this opportunity for MATC students.
The practice sessions give students a chance to experience a real life interview situation, according to Kuehnl. The ‘JOBshop' is located in S-114 next to the conference room as you enter the building.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Get Involved in Preventing Mosquitoes
- 7 Questions to Ask Before Hiring Your Wedding Photographer
- Tips for Seniors Who Suffer From Muscle Aches and Pains
- A Safer Alternative to Opioids for Treating Chronic Pain
- How Brand Marketers Drive Lift in Loyalty, Reach
- A New Way to Deal With Dry Mouth
- Tamera Mowry-Housley Encourages Parents to Reclaim Family...
- Rolling Stones Exhibit Rocks Music Fans
- Enhance Your Summer Look With These Style Tips
- Hearing Loss Takes Center Stage With Free Test
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Course Hero Welcomes Dr. Arthur Levine to their Advisory Board
- LendEDU 2016 College Students and Personal Finance Study
- FINALS SUCK: JOLLY RANCHER CANDY EMBRACES THE LONGEST, SUCKIEST WEEK OF COLLEGE
- Facebook & America East To Keynote College Sports Summit, June 1-3, GA
- Sodexo Reveals The 20ish Under 20ish Hunger Squad For 2016