'JOBshop' provides real world interview training
The Downtown campus ‘JOBshop' gave students a unique opportunity to increase their soft skills in mock interview sessions on January 10.
Students were invited to enter into one-on-one interviews with a representative from a major corporation.
The practice sessions help students better understand what is expected and how an interview is conducted. The learning process increases soft skills, according to Michael Kuehnl, Manager JOBshop, Student Employment Services.
Kuehnl said, "the mock interviews were only today Tuesday the 10th. The actual interviews will be held on the January 12, Thursday. Because we are holding the interviews over the break the students were approached the last few days of the fall semester before they left for the break. We continued to take registrations over the break."
Kuehnl also added, "This is a new event that we wanted to see how to put it together and how it would unfold. We are also going to be working with the students in the ViComm program to help develop our website to enrich the employer experience and push most of the registration and such to the website. This will be a class project for the students."
Kuehnl discussed the importance for students to practice their soft skills for interviews. Recruiters from different corporations were on hand to provide this opportunity for MATC students.
The practice sessions give students a chance to experience a real life interview situation, according to Kuehnl. The ‘JOBshop' is located in S-114 next to the conference room as you enter the building.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Raising Autism Awareness for Better Lives
- Erase Strokes From Your Golf Game -- No Pencil Required
- Boomers Find Reason to Celebrate With Vacations
- Shave Strokes off Your Golf Game -- Without the Eraser
- Stay Cool With a Ceiling Fan as Stylish as It Is Functional
- Have a Blast With the Family This Summer, but Stay Safe
- Chiropractic Careers Are on the Rise
- Choosing the Right Home Health Care Agency
- Pop the Champagne Diamond for Your Seasonal Fashion...
- Managing Pain: Are You Reading Your Medicine Labels?