'JOBshop' provides real world interview training
The Downtown campus ‘JOBshop' gave students a unique opportunity to increase their soft skills in mock interview sessions on January 10.
Students were invited to enter into one-on-one interviews with a representative from a major corporation.
The practice sessions help students better understand what is expected and how an interview is conducted. The learning process increases soft skills, according to Michael Kuehnl, Manager JOBshop, Student Employment Services.
Kuehnl said, "the mock interviews were only today Tuesday the 10th. The actual interviews will be held on the January 12, Thursday. Because we are holding the interviews over the break the students were approached the last few days of the fall semester before they left for the break. We continued to take registrations over the break."
Kuehnl also added, "This is a new event that we wanted to see how to put it together and how it would unfold. We are also going to be working with the students in the ViComm program to help develop our website to enrich the employer experience and push most of the registration and such to the website. This will be a class project for the students."
Kuehnl discussed the importance for students to practice their soft skills for interviews. Recruiters from different corporations were on hand to provide this opportunity for MATC students.
The practice sessions give students a chance to experience a real life interview situation, according to Kuehnl. The ‘JOBshop' is located in S-114 next to the conference room as you enter the building.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Three Simple Swaps for a Healthier Lunch
- Epilepsy Awareness Day 2016 Largest Turnout Ever
- Give the Gift of Connectivity, Without the Stress
- New Cancer Treatment Continues to Progress By Filing for...
- How Many Years Does it Take to Become a Doctor of...
- Many Working Mothers Can't Afford Their Health Insurance...
- A Date with Destiny: Video Games Teach Kids Life Lessons
- The Magic Number for Millennials: $51,000
- A New Read on Literacy: The 3 Keys to Building Lifelong...
- Celebra una fiesta de Posadas inolvidable para tu familia...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PEPSICO AND 21ST CENTURY FOX ANNOUNCE "THE SEARCH FOR HIDDEN FIGURES"
- The Most Popular Entry-Level Jobs and Companies for College Graduates
- National Meningitis Association Urges Students to take Pledge2Prevent
- American Cancer Society and CVS Health Foundation Award Grants to Help 20 Colleges and Universities Go Tobacco-Free in Largest Initiative of Its Kind
- BPU Offers Sentiment Analysis Free to Universities