This is the sixth in a series of historical pictures in celebration of MATC's 100 years.
Carter’s West Campus visit makes national news.
39th President Jimmy Carter visited the West Campus of MATC on October 6, 1980 at 12:12 in A-105-11 of the main building. Jimmy Carter shook hands with Jimmy Carter of 5073 N. 23rd Place in Milwaukee. The West Campus handshake made national news and was discussed on radio programs. Mrs. Gary Carter of the same family later said, "it's a small world and we truly do like it here."
Presidential candidate Carter warned about policy making inflation in his speech, "George Bush, who is Governor Reagan's running mate as Vice President, said it would create inflation in excess of 30 percent, and he called it "voodoo economics."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- IRS Warns Taxpayers of Latest Phone Fraud Scam
- Putting Your Vacation Home to Work for You
- Finding Answers to Growing Concerns About Water Fluoridation
- Empowering People to Regain Their Mobility
- On-Site Workplace Health Clinics Emphasize Chiropractic Care
- 5 Important Tips for Choosing a Medicare Health Plan
- Welcome Your Holiday Guests With Inviting Lighting
- A New Prescription for Finding the Right Doctor
- Be on the Lookout for These Invasive Species
- It's Official: Women Are the Decision-Makers Even When It...
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- College women switching to Sobrr this Halloween as the best app for fun -- and finding soul mates.
- Win $1,000 to Study Abroad in Italy. The ItaliaRail Study Abroad in Italy Scholarship for Spring 2015 is now accepting applications.
- 7 Tips for Scoring a Tailgating Touchdown
- Renowned Engineer Ric Bradshaw Conducts Fujifilm-Sponsored Campus Tour on Tape Technology
- 5 DAYS ONLY! Semi Annual Consignment Sale!