This is the sixth in a series of historical pictures in celebration of MATC's 100 years.
Carter’s West Campus visit makes national news.
39th President Jimmy Carter visited the West Campus of MATC on October 6, 1980 at 12:12 in A-105-11 of the main building. Jimmy Carter shook hands with Jimmy Carter of 5073 N. 23rd Place in Milwaukee. The West Campus handshake made national news and was discussed on radio programs. Mrs. Gary Carter of the same family later said, "it's a small world and we truly do like it here."
Presidential candidate Carter warned about policy making inflation in his speech, "George Bush, who is Governor Reagan's running mate as Vice President, said it would create inflation in excess of 30 percent, and he called it "voodoo economics."
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent MATC Times News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST MATC TIMES NEWS
RECENT MATC TIMES CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Say No to the Knife: Reduce the Likeliness Of Surgery...
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- PwC US Launches CareerAdvisor
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG